For your information, the launch of the Instrumentum Laboris, and Methodology of the first session of the 16th General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the theme: ‘For a synodal Church: Communion, Participation and Mission’ (4 to 29 October), will take place on Tuesday 20 June, at 13.30 (Ireland time) in the Holy See Press Office. In attendance will be:
- His Eminence Cardinal Mario Grech, secretary general of the General Secretariat of the Synod;
- His Eminence Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich SJ, Archbishop of Luxembourg; general rapporteur of the 16th Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops (by live link);
- Father Giacomo Costa SJ, Consultor of the General Secretariat of the Synod.
At this launch, brief testimonies on the preparation of members for the October Assembly and the possible use of the Instrumentum Laboris by local groups will be presented by:
- Helena Jeppesen-Spuhler, Lenten Fund (Switzerland) member of the Swiss delegation to the Continental Assembly in Prague;
- Fr. Rafael Simbine Junior, Secretary General of SECAM (by remote link)
- Sr. Nadia Coppa ASC, President of the UISG.
You can view the launch as it will be livestreamed on the Vatican News YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/VaticanNews.