The Irish Episcopal Conference & The Association of Leaders of Missionaries and Religious of Ireland
Invite expressions of interest from suitably qualified individuals and organisations to conduct an independent
Strategic Review of Safeguarding in the Catholic Church in Ireland
The review will include all aspects of Safeguarding and outreach to survivors of abuse.
In this pre-tender stage applicants are asked to outline, with evidence as appropriate:
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, including: (a) services, (b) current research, and (c) best practice
- Previous experience of the evaluation of a major service of a similar nature
- Knowledge and understanding of support services for survivors of abuse
- Experience of working with voluntary organisations and statutory authorities
- Skills, experience and understanding in relation to strategic thinking, organisational change, management and governance
- Appreciation of the particular structures and ethos of the Catholic Church
- The ability to undertake service level reviews and evaluations
- Competence in relation to legal issues regarding Safeguarding and Data Protection in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
Willingness to assist with the implementation of recommendations following the Review is desirable.
Criteria based on the above will be used to facilitate shortlisting of suitable applicants who will be invited to submit a more detailed tender proposal.
Applicants are asked to send a short submission of no more than 2 to 3 pages by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21 April 2021.